in 1786, Washington is reputed to be the first town named for
George Washington. By 1790, it was the state's second
largest town, with 119 log cabins. Today, Washington is
a part of Maysville. The
Visitors Center is located in the Paxton House. It was
previously in one
of the town's original log cabins (right).
information about historic Washington, click HERE.