eye-catching structure on Third Street was built in 1929 by Col. J. B. Russell, using a
Spanish Colonial Revival theme. Although primarily a movie
theatre, the stage was large enough for live productions. In
1953 the Russell hosted the premier of
hometown star Rosemary Clooney's film "The Stars are
Singing." The theatre closed commercially to the public in 1983,
currently screening movies on a limited basis by its new owner, the Rescue the Russell
organization. More information can be found here.